Looking for a fresh new addition for your spring wardrobe? Sew a super-simple empire elastic-waist dress with a scoop neckline with our NEW! Floral Crepe Knits! Like other knit garments, this completed dress is stylish and comfortable to wear. Nancy Zieman’s knit dress and top collection, M7353 from The McCall Pattern Company sews up quickly from just three main pattern pieces!
Choose View C Cowel Neck, or View B Scoop Neck. Then choose one of our four NEW! limited edition Floral Crepe Knit Fabrics and stitch a beautiful new knit pull-over dress! And/or wear as a tunic–when you pair with leggings.
Nancy’s McCall’s M7353 Pattern is available multi-sized 6–14, and 14–22.
Depending upon your fabric choice—print or solid fabric—this quick-to-sew fashion can be made for daywear, your next vacation, casual lunch dates, or even evening wear.
Easy Sewing Features
Nancy’s McCall’s M7353 Pattern sewing time is minimal. In fact, the dolman-sleeve style eliminates setting in sleeves. How speedy it that! Plus, we know you’ll enjoy Nancy’s elastic casing technique; the elastic is sandwiched within the seam – eliminating the traditional topstitching step.
Sew a Super-Quick and Comfortable Spring Dress – with NZP’s NEW! Crepe Knit Fabrics
- NEW! NZP Limited Edition Crepe Knit Fabrics
- Nancy’s McCalls’ M7353 Dress Pattern
- Clover’s 5-in-1 Sliding Gauge
- Clover’s Flex ‘n Glide Bodkins
- Clover’s 6-in-1 Stick ‘n Stitch Seam Guide
- Clover’s I Sew For Fun Heart-Shaped Pins
- Clover’s Heart Shaped Magnetic Pin Cushion
- Pellon’s Easy-Knit Interfacing, 5 yd. Pack
- Eze-View Press Cloth
- 1/4″ Elastic
- Schmetz Chrome Jersey Stretch Ball Point Needles Size 80/12 or
- Schmetz Stretch Ball Point Needles Size 75/11
- Schmetz Ball Point Stretch 4.0 Double Needle Size 75/11
- Open Toe Presser Foot
Before sewing your new spring dress, cut 1/2″ wide bias strips of Pellon’s Easy-Knit Interfacing to stabilize neckline, sleeve hems, and lower dress hem!
- Using Eze-View Press Cloth, fuse 1/2″ wide bias strips of Pellon’s Easy-Knit Interfacing to wrong side of bodice front and back.
- With right sides together, align front and back at shoulders. Pin.
Place pins parallel to cut edge – when seaming dress with a serger!
- Stitch shoulder seams. Press seams flat, then press towards bodice back.
- Follow pattern instructions for adding neck facing, or simply fold under 1/2″ at neckline and pin.
- Insert Schmetz Ball Point Stretch 4.0 Double Needle Size 75/11 into sewing machine, and thread sewing machine with two spools of thread – guiding both threads through the machine guides as one thread, and separate threads at needles.
- On right side of fabric, topstitch neckline with Double Needle stitching!
- Press neckline with Eze-View Press Cloth.
- Using Eze-View Press Cloth, fuse 1/2″ wide bias strips of Pellon’s Easy-Knit Interfacing to wrong side of sleeve hems.
- With right sides together, align front and back at underarm seams. Pin.
- Stitch underarm seams.
- Fold under 1/2″ at sleeve hems and pin.
- On right side of fabric, topstitch sleeve hems with Double Needle stitching! Set bodice unit aside.
- With right sides together, align pockets to skirt front, and to skirt back. Pin.
- Stitch pockets to skirt front and skirt back. Press seams flat, then press towards pockets.
- Align skirt front to skirt back, matching pockets and side seams. Pin.
- At sewing machine stitch side seams with a wobble stitch, leaving open between dots.
- Stitch pocket edges together to side seams, pivoting stitching below pockets and stitching to hem.
- Turn pockets toward front along seam lines. Pin. Machine baste pocket tops to skirt front.
- With right sides together, insert the bodice unit into the skirt unit. Pin.
- Insert Schmetz Stretch Ball Point Needles Size 75/11 into sewing machine.
- Using Clover’s 5-in-1 Sliding Gauge, attach 6-in-1 Stick ‘n Stitch Seam Guide to sewing machine – at 7/8″ from center needle.
- Stitch bodice to skirt with 7/8″ seam allowance. Press waistline up towards the bodice. Insert a rotary cutting mat into dress, and pin waistline seam to lower bodice.
- Using ruler and marking pen, mark stitching line 3/4″ above waist seam. Stitch along marked line to form elastic casing, leaving 2-3″ opening for inserting elastic.
- Stitch one end of the elastic to a piece of fabric, thread opposite end of elastic through Clover’s Flex ‘n Glide Bodkin.
- Insert elastic through casing opening.
- Butt the unstitched end of elastic against the first end, Stitch and backstitch through the elastic and fabric several times
- Trim away the excess fabric on all four sides.
- Insert stitched elastic into the casing opening.
- Stitch the casing opening closed, stretching the elastic while stitching.
Visit the NZP Online Shop for the Nancy Zieman’s Timesaving Sewing Tools, patterns, fabrics and more at shopnzp.com!
Visit shopnzp.com, or click the “shop” tab
at the top of the NZP blog, anytime!
Shop Nancy Zieman’s Sewing Tools & I Sew For Fun Sewing Notions at shopnzp.com!
Shop Knit Fabrics & Cotton Quilting Fabrics at shopnzp.com
Shop Books & Patterns at shopnzp.com
Shop Elastic, Cotton Webbing, Zippers & More at shopnzp.com
For a chance to be the random winner a Flex ‘n Glide Bodkin from Clover, please leave a comment below. Clover will give away one Flex ‘n Glide Bodkin to one US resident in the 48 contiguous states. Winner must reply within 30 days to the official giveaway announcement email message – sent from Nancy Zieman Productions. Email Team NZP at email@example.com.
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.
Content in this feed is © copyright 2020 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website.
The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has provided products by other companies in the course of doing business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.
Make sure you are subscribed to Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC enews mailing list so you won’t miss a thing. Sign up at nancyzieman.com/blog/enews. And join us on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!