Happy New Year! We hope you all managed to have a fun-filled break with friends and family. Did you manage to slip away and do a bit of sewing? With the start of the new year. we always like back look back over the last year. What was the most popular pattern of 2022, what was the new release people couldn’t live without? Worry not we have got an epic roundup of the highlights of last year. Do grab yourself a cup of tea and let’s get going.
2022’s most popular pattern:
Drum roll please! I’m sure that it will come as no shock to you that the True Bias Ogden Cami was the most popular pattern of 2022. With its simple timeless shape and great construction, this pattern is perfect whatever your sewing level. Have you made it yet
The most popular release of 2022:
The Saguaro set from Friday Pattern Company was your favourite release last year. Again this pattern is great whatever your sewing level. This two-piece set has elasticated wide-legged trousers and a super cropped top.
If you love a top 10 as much as we do then check out 2022’s top patterns:
Sewing hacks you can’t live without:
We aren’t messing around… these sewing hacks are complete game changers. These handy hacks are going to speed up your sewing no end so go check them out!
Core trends of 2022:
We love hunting out high street trends and pairing patterns so that they can slot seamlessly into your handmade wardrobe. Here are some of our favourite trends from last year so make sure that you go have a read…
- The Warmdrobe – if you love layering then this trend is for you, we have hunted out the best patterns so you can stay cosy and warm whatever the weather.
- Trouser Lust – it has been THE year of the trouser. The indie designers have answered our prayers and provided us with so many good options to choose from. Which is your favourite?
- Sweater Weather: stay cosy and warm with the ultimate selection of indie jumper patterns.
- Co-ords: Love ’em or loath ’em the co-ord look has been hugely popular on the high street. We share some of our favourites..
- Transeasonal Sewing – you know where it’s not winter but not warm? We have a look at some core pieces that will take you through that tricky seasonal change.
- Sew the Trends: If you are looking for some ideas to revamp your winter wardrobe then we’ve got you covered…
Watch while you sew:
We have spent a long time compiling the BEST list of sewing related TV shows and films for you to settle into while in your sewing space. There is everything in there from the Sewing Bee to documentaries on fashion designers. This should keep you busy for a long time. If you are looking for some inspiration for books, podcasts and interesting articles then go catch up on our Sew Down series.
Find That Pattern:
We love hunting out patterns from some of your favourite TV shows and we hunted out the patterns from The Marvelous Mrs Maisel as well as the Sex and the City spin-off series ‘and just like that.’
The best of the rest:
Don’t know about you but we love a top 10 blog post, we find the best patterns so that you don’t have to!
- Easy knit sewing patterns – if you are relatively new to sewing or fancy a speedy project we’ve whittled down some fantastic options for you.
- Jeans – maybe this is the year that you finally sew yourself some jeans? Well we’ve done the hard work for you so go choose your favourite.
- Sundresses – dreaming of warmer days or just thinking ahead to the summer. Here are the best of the bunch..
- Skirts – 2022 was the year of the indie skirt release, and let me tell you there are some fabulous patterns. Go go go
- Activewear – ever fancied making your own gym kit? There are some really great indie patterns out there to suit all forms of exercise..
- Lingerie – a lot of you have sewn your own lingerie in the last year. If you feel like 2023 is your year then go check them out…
The post 2022 the BIG Roundup! appeared first on The Fold Line.