Here’s my weekly post sharing about what’s going on in the world of RecipeGirl, as well as some fun links to things I’ve come across lately. So here it goes: following are 10 things to share with you this week- everything from recipes to shopping to a few fun articles and more. There are a few affiliate links included here and there. Enjoy!
Try Something New for Dinner This Week!
- Baked Salmon with Creamy Coconut Ginger Sauce is a reader favorite. It’s a delicious way to prepare salmon fillets!
- Buttermilk Brined Pork Chops are the most tender and delicious pork chops you’ll ever make!
- Chicken Stroganoff is chicken cooked in a spicy, creamy sauce and served over egg noodles.
- Beef Spaghetti Casserole is the perfect, easy-to-make comfort food meal for dinner.
- Pineapple provides the perfect complement to pork in this Pineapple Pork Tenderloin recipe.
- Greek Style Shrimp is an easy-to-make shrimp and vegetables dinner recipe that is perfect served over steamed rice.
Fun Shopping Finds:
- I bought this (cheap) ruched drawstring dress as a casual dress to wear around town and also to travel with. I love it! It’s so comfortable, and it looks cute on. It fits true to size.
- Joseph Siebel is known for having comfortable shoes. I bought these closed toe Sophie 27’s in Creme Leather. The other colors are cute too. So comfortable for everyday and for travel too.
- This black dress was on backorder, and it finally arrived. I ordered it in two sizes, and the smaller size worked better. I love it, and it’s pretty unique too!
- This is an adorable skirt. I bought it, and it fits true to size. This skirt is similar, and it’s super cute too but I haven’t bought it yet!
- This crossbody Kate Spade purse is cute (3 colors to choose from), and it’s offered at a good price.
- I live in these cotton gauze shirts all summer long. Several colors offered! I love this linen shirt too!
- This is the first pair of Tom’s shoes that I bought this year, and I have to say that I love them so much. They’re very comfortable, and they’re perfect for wearing everyday around town! Tons of color options are offered.
Instagram accounts to follow:
- Follow @SeriousDesign : where food meets art!
- Follow @SpoonForkBacon for droolworthy food reels and photos!
What I’m watching and reading:
- I watched all episodes of The Accused on Apple +(legal dramas). It’s nice because you can watch any of them, and they are all separate stories. I thought it was well-done.
- I am listening to Valerie Bertinelli’s memoir: Enough Already- Learning to Love the Way I Am Today. It chronicles her life of love, loss, family and her struggle with weight loss and personal happiness. She talks a lot about food (she had a Food Network show), shares recipes in the book, and she talks quite a bit about her love for her ex-husband Eddie Van Halen. Valerie is the narrator, which makes it more interesting for sure.
Fun Recipes I’ve spotted on the internet this week:
- Strawberry Poppyseed Salad Dressing sounds fabulous!
- Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa looks like an amazing dinner!
- An Upside Down Banana Cake looks pretty droolworthy.
Here’s what’s going on in my life:
- My cookbook (The Recipe Girl Cookbook) was published 10 years ago this week! It’s amazing how time flies. I don’t have any plans to write another (as many have asked), but I’m glad I got to check that off the bucket list. I still love writing recipes, and I still love what I do. The book is still available on Amazon!
- As you read this now, I’m in Greece! I’m on a Viking cruise with my sister, specifically this one >> Ancient Mediterranean Treasures: Athens (Piraeus) to Istanbul. More details later!!
Catch up on food-related news of the week:
- New cookbook release > Truly Simple: 140 Recipes for Weekday Cooking by Kristin Cavallari. This book focuses on healthy meals (126 of them are gluten free!) I’m not normally a fan of celebrity cookbooks, but this one has good reviews (and it’s not her first cookbook either).
- McDonalds is changing its burger recipe. Do you ever go there for a quick meal (me… only while traveling if I can’t find anything better!)
- Here are some luxury items you can buy at Costco for cheap!
- Have you ever heard of cottage cheese ice cream??
Products I’m loving:
- This is my favorite lotion. I have dry skin, and this is super hydrating. I buy two at a time!
- These individual towelette singles are perfect for makeup removal when traveling!
- If you don’t feel like baking and just want a quick sweet treat, look for Peanut Butter Brookies at Trader Joe’s. YUM.
- This is an adorable idea to print a recipe on a tea towel. Mother’s Day, maybe?
- These placemats are SO CUTE for summer! There are matching napkins too!
- Look for Zipfizz Multi-Vitamin Energy Hydration Drink Mix tubes at Costco!
- These trays are so cute for summer entertaining. This is a cute tray too (much cheaper).
Bake cupcakes this week!
- Snickerdoodle Cupcakes are the most fantastic cupcake for lovers of Snickerdoodle Cookies.
- Pink Strawberry Cupcakes are a sweet and pretty strawberry cupcakes recipe.
- Margarita Cupcakes are a fun dessert to serve at an adult party.
Next Week’s Recipes:
- On RecipeGirl: Thai Coconut Red Curry Salmon, Lemon Cake Mix Cookies and Greek Caesar Salad
- On RecipeBoy: Pineapple Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
- On RecipesForHolidays: 36 Best Zucchini Bread Recipes for National Zucchini Bread Day!
Have a wonderful week!
The post 10 Things to Share #28 appeared first on Recipe Girl®.