Here’s my weekly post sharing about what’s going on in the world of RecipeGirl, as well as some fun links to things I’ve come across lately. So here it goes: following are 10 things to share with you this week- everything from recipes to shopping to a few fun articles and more. There are a few affiliate links included here and there. Enjoy!
Favorite Chicken Dinners!
- I’ve been making this Apricot Balsamic Chicken for my family since 2007!
- Baked Cornflake Chicken is so easy and delicious! This tender juicy chicken with a perfectly crispy coating is sure to become a family favorite!
- This Indian Butter Chicken recipe is an easy, make-at-home version of the restaurant classic.
- Lemon Parmesan Chicken is one of those chicken recipes that you’ll want to make again and again.
- Picky eaters tend to love these Honey Molasses Chicken Drumsticks. They’re covered with a simple glaze, and they’re delicious!
Fun Shopping Finds:
- Love this pretty, pretty spring skirt (on sale)!
- I’m in love with this adorable white cable sweater (on sale).
- I have this sports bra, and I love it. So comfortable!
- This is an adorable jacket.
- Here’s a cute crossbody wallet purse!
Instagram accounts to follow:
- Follow PassengerShaming for some pretty funny/crazy airline incidents!
- Follow HeyGrillHey for grilling inspiration!
What I’m watching and reading:
- My husband and I watched Tulsa King on Paramount, and we loved it so much! It stars Sylvester Stallone. Can’t wait for another season.
- I’m in the midst of listening to The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris. Based on a true story, it was written after interviewing a real-life Holocaust survivor and tattooist. As with all Holocaust stories, it’s difficult to listen to. But it’s a compelling, interesting story.
Fun Recipes I’ve spotted on the internet this week:
- Suddenly I’m craving Buttermilk Fried Chicken.
- OMG these Extra Marshmallow Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars!
Here’s what’s going on in my life:
- This week has been all about planning upcoming vacations this year. It’s so nice to be able to travel again!
- I had my first mammogram since my lumpectomy last summer. All clear- phew!
Catch up on food-related news of the week:
- New cookbook release > The Cancer Diet Cookbook For Beginners: 1000 Days Of Nourishing Whole-Food Cancer-Fighter Recipes For Treatment And Recovery| With 28-Day Meal Plan by Dina S. Roy. Since I went through breast cancer, I’ve been eating healthier this year. I’ll be picking up this book for some ideas!
- Sara Michelle Gellar was sued by McDonalds when she was 5 years old!
- Your rescue pet could become the new Cadbury mascot.
- Did you know there is Ted Lasso Ice Cream?
- Subway is making a big change to the way it makes sandwiches.
Products I’m loving:
- This belt bag is an updated version of fanny pack. Cute!
- Did you know that two light string cheeses have a total of 100 calories? That’s been my latest pick-me-up snack.
- I’m obsessed with facial masks, so this set is fun!
- Cute tote to bring to the Farmer’s Market!
- I’ve been eating a fruity grain-free cereal (Three Wishes) from Whole Foods. It’s not bad- it’s lower calorie and it’s great with unsweetened vanilla almond milk!
- I bought a new food scale for my kitchen.
Bake this week:
- I love these No Yeast Apple Cinnamon Rolls, and they’re so easy to make.
- My Applesauce Oatmeal Bread has been a popular recipe this week.
- Use your ripe bananas to make Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Next Week’s Recipes:
- On RecipeGirl: Sausage and Pepper Stew, Ziti with Vodka Sauce and Caesar Salad with Balsamic Dressing and Parmesan Croutons
- On RecipeBoy: Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
- On RecipesForHolidays: White Bean Chicken Chili for National Chili Day!
Have a wonderful week!